FREDERICTON MARATHON 2023 RACE UPDATE
The 45th annual Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon May Race Weekend is taking place May 13-14, 2023.
|Saturday May 13th|
|7:30 am||One Miler|
|11:00 am||5 km Run/Walk|
|11:15 am||3 km Run/Walk|
|1:30 pm||1 km Run/Walk|
Youth Fun Run (ages 2 – 12)
|Sunday May 14th|
|7:30 am||10 km Run/Walk|
|7:30 am||21.1 km Run/Walk|
|7:30 am||42.2 km Run Only|
Registered participants will receive a runner’s tech shirt along with a finisher medal and a bib.
The Fredericton Marathon organizing committee is implementing two new registration policies – refunds and transfers. Effectively immediately, there are no more deferrals. Refunds will not be offered on deferrals from 2022, and 2022 promo codes will only be valid for the 2023 event.
The refund policy is as follows:
- Due to the fact that a number of our expenses are incurred well in advance of race weekend in order to have them for you on time, we are not able to offer a full registration refund for the entirety of the year.
- Before February 14, 2023, at 11:59 pm, we are able to offer a full refund of your registration fees, including tax minus any Race Roster processing fees.
- Between February 15, 2023, and March 31, 2023, at 11:59 pm, we are able to offer a 50% refund of your registration fees, including tax minus any Race Roster processing fees.
- Starting April 1, 2023, we are unable to offer any refund.
Insurance Opportunity to Purchase:
Fredericton Marathon Inc. has partnered with RegShield through Race Roster providing the opportunity to purchase a protection policy on your registration if you can’t make the event. RegShield is a protection product made for athletes by athletes. It provides coverage for many of life’s roadblocks (illness, injury, death of family members, etc.) as these are the reasons that most athletes are unable to compete in their events.
During registration you will be offered to purchase this policy through Fanshield. This policy is only available during registration and can’t be applied retroactively. The fee structure of this policy is calculated as a percentage of your final race fees.
- For the outline of the Canadian program and more information regarding coverage CLICK HERE.
- To claim a refund CLICK HERE.
Please note: This protection is through the third-party provider, FanShield NOT Fredericton Marathon Inc. For enquiries, claims, etc., you will have to contact FanShield directly.
1. Transfer Race to Another Runner – deadline of April 23, 2023 – 11:59pm
If you would like to transfer your registration to a new participant, this can be done through our registration page on Race Roster.
Bib swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any participant found doing so without having properly transferred their registration will not be allowed to participate and will be banned from future races!
2. Transfer Race to Another Distance – deadline of April 23, 2023 – 11:59pm
If you need to change your registered race (e.g., from half marathon to 10K), this can be done through our registration page on Race Roster.
Please note: If you are switching to a more expensive race, you will be required to pay the difference. No refund will be issued if you switch to a lower priced race.
Registration Need to Know:
2023 runners deferring from 2022 need to use the promo code provided to them by Race Roster to re-register for their respective races. Promo codes for 2022 deferrals will be sent via email from Race Roster in October 2022.
If you are unable to find this email, please contact Race Roster directly at 1-855-969-5515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All registrations received BEFORE March 26, 2023 guarantees you a shirt but NOT the requested size!
(Although we do try our best to accommodate your size request.)
Please be aware there is a six (6) hour cut-off for the marathon. If you have not passed the half marathon timing mat by 10:15 AM (2 hours and 45 minutes after the start), you will be directed to the finish line and given a half marathon finishing time.
Dri-Fit Shirt Sizing Details:
Short Sleeve Tee
LADIES’ General Sizing Guide