FREDERICTON MARATHON 2021 RACE UPDATE
The Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon May Race Weekend will occur Sept. 3-5, 2021, Labour Day weekend.
“The health and safety of everyone involved in the event – the participants, volunteers and spectators – must come first,” said Christine Little and Bruce Macfarlane, co-race directors of the Fredericton Marathon.
Friday, September 3, 2021
6:30 pm – 5 km Run/Walk – $45.00
Saturday, September 4, 2021
8:00 am – 21.1 km Run/Walk (2020 edition) – $70.00
Since we couldn’t run our half marathon in 2020, we’re doing it in 2021 complete with our 2020 medal!
11:00 am – 10 km Run/Walk – $55.00
1:30 pm – Youth Fun Run 1 km Run/Walk (ages 5 – 12) – $3.00
Sunday, September 5, 2021
7:30 am – 42.2 km Run Only – $80.00
7:30 am – 21.1 km Run/Walk – $70.00
Additional Race Options
Deferrals to 2022
** Must be confirmed no later than 11:59 pm, August 27, 2021
Sunday Race Kit Pick-Up
** Must be purchased prior to Saturday, September 4, 2021
5km Run/Walk + 10km Run/Walk
5km Run/Walk + 21.1km Run/Walk
5km Run/Walk + 42.2km Run ONLY
21.1km Run/Walk (2020 Edition) + 21.1km Run/Walk
Virtual 5km, 10km, 21.1km and 42.2km
5km Run/Walk + 10km un/Walk
Registered participants will receive a runner’s tech shirt along with a finisher medal.
- **NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS ON ANY RACES – DEFERRALS OFFERED ONLY!!**
- Registrations, for any reason, may be DEFERRED with a confirmed and paid registration until 11:59 pm, August 27, 2021. Deferrals are good for the following year only and cannot be transferred to another runner.
Fredericton Marathon is proud to be one of only a few races that offer registration deferment to future years. However, as a non-profit, we must find a way to recover out-of-pocket costs to order items for each runner in two separate years (i.e.: t-shirts, medals, bibs and bib tags).
Please note there will be a modest fee of $18.00 + HST for all adult registrants. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back!
** Bib number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner found swapping their bib number will be banned from all future races. **
2021 runners deferring from 2020 need to use the promo code provided to them by Race Roster to re-register for their respective races. If unable to find email from Race Roster, contact Race Roster directly for a new promo code.
- If you need to change your registered event(s) that you are currently registered for (e.g., from half marathon to 10K). This can be done at race kit pick-up or send a prior email HERE and we’d be pleased to make the changes for you. If you are switching to a more expensive event, you will be required to pay the difference, and this can only be done at race kit pick-up.
No refund will be issued if you switch to a lower priced event(s).
- Dri-Fit Shirt Sizing Details:
All registrations received BEFORE end of day, Sunday August 1, 2021, guarantees you a shirt but NOT the requested size!
L3527 – ATCTM Pro Team Sleeveless V-neck Ladies’ Tee
|Chest – Half Measure||16 1/2“||17 1/2“||18 1/2“||20″||21 1/2“||23″||24 1/2“||26″|
|Chest – Full Measure||33″||35″||37″||40″||43″||46″||49″||52″|
|Body Length from HPS||25″||25 1/2“||26″||27″||28″||29″||29 1/2“||30″|
LADIES’ General Sizing Guide
- Please be aware that there is a 6-hour cut off for the marathon. As a guideline, if you have not passed the 1/2 timing mat by 10:30 am (3 hours after the start), chances are you will not finish in 6 hours. Please make your decision to continue or not at that time. Should you decide not to continue, you can get an official time for the 1/2 marathon by letting the race official know you are not continuing. If you choose to continue and do not finish within the 6-hour time allotment, please be aware that there may not be race support past 1:30 pm.