FREDERICTON MARATHON 2021 RACE UPDATE
The Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon May Race Weekend will occur Sept. 3-5, 2021, Labour Day weekend.
“The health and safety of everyone involved in the event – the participants, volunteers and spectators – must come first,” said Christine Little and Bruce Macfarlane, co-race directors of the Fredericton Marathon.
Our plan is to hold the Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon 2021 event on the Mother’s Day weekend (May7-9), BUT if Covid-19 forces us to postpone, we have chosen Labour Day weekend (September 3-5) as our BACKUP DATE.
**Please note…our backup date of September 3 – 5th has been activated
Friday, September 3, 2021
6:30 pm – 5 km Run/Walk – $45.00
Saturday, September 4, 2021
8:00 am – 21.1 km Run/Walk (2020 edition) – $70.00
Since we couldn’t run our half marathon in 2020, we’re doing it in 2021 complete with our 2020 medal!
11:00 am – 10 km Run/Walk – $55.00
1:30 pm – Youth Fun Run 1 km Run/Walk (ages 5 – 12) – $3.00
Sunday, September 5, 2021
7:30 am – 42.2 km Run Only – $80.00
8:45 am – 21.1 km Run/Walk – $70.00
Additional Race Options
Deferrals to 2022
** Must be confirmed no later than 11:59 pm, August 27, 2021
Sunday Race Kit Pick-Up
** Must be purchased prior to Saturday, September 4, 2021
5km Run/Walk + 10km Run/Walk
5km Run/Walk + 21.1km Run/Walk
5km Run/Walk + 42.2km Run ONLY
21.1km Run/Walk (2020 Edition) + 21.1km Run/Walk
Virtual 5km, 10km, 21.1km and 42.2km
5km Run/Walk + 10km un/Walk
Registered participants will receive a runner’s tech shirt along with a finisher medal.
Race Capps are included below. **Waiting list options are available for events that are sold out!
|21.1k (2020 Edition)||400|
|Youth Fun Run||200|
5k, 10k, 21.1k and 42.2k
Virtual 5k + 10k
5k + 10k
|Based on 5k and|
5k + 42.2k
5k + 21.1k (Sunday)
21.1k (Saturday + Sunday)
- **NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS ON ANY RACES – DEFERRALS OFFERED ONLY!!**
- Registrations, for any reason, may be DEFERRED with a confirmed and paid registration until 11:59 pm, August 27, 2021. Deferrals are good for the following year only and cannot be transferred to another runner.
Fredericton Marathon is proud to be one of only a few races that offer registration deferment to future years. However, as a non-profit, we must find a way to recover out-of-pocket costs to order items for each runner in two separate years (i.e.: t-shirts, medals, bibs and bib tags).
Please note there will be a modest fee of $18.00 + HST for all adult registrants. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back!
** Bib number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner found swapping their bib number will be banned from all future races. **
2021 runners deferring from 2020 need to use the promo code provided to them by Race Roster to re-register for their respective races. If unable to find email from Race Roster, contact Race Roster directly for a new promo code.
- If you need to change your registered event(s) that you are currently registered for (e.g., from half marathon to 10K). This can be done at race kit pick-up or send a prior email HERE and we’d be pleased to make the changes for you. If you are switching to a more expensive event, you will be required to pay the difference, and this can only be done at race kit pick-up.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and caps on event numbers, switching will only be possible if there is still space available in the event to which you wish to switch.
No refund will be issued if you switch to a lower priced event(s).
- Dri-Fit Shirt Sizing Details:
All registrations received BEFORE July 26, 2021 guarantees you a shirt but NOT the requested size!
L3527 – ATCTM Pro Team Sleeveless V-neck Ladies’ Tee
|Chest – Half Measure||16 1/2“||17 1/2“||18 1/2“||20″||21 1/2“||23″||24 1/2“||26″|
|Chest – Full Measure||33″||35″||37″||40″||43″||46″||49″||52″|
|Body Length from HPS||25″||25 1/2“||26″||27″||28″||29″||29 1/2“||30″|
LADIES’ General Sizing Guide
- Please be aware that there is a 6-hour cut off for the marathon. As a guideline, if you have not passed the 1/2 timing mat by 10:30 am (3 hours after the start), chances are you will not finish in 6 hours. Please make your decision to continue or not at that time. Should you decide not to continue, you can get an official time for the 1/2 marathon by letting the race official know you are not continuing. If you choose to continue and do not finish within the 6-hour time allotment, please be aware that there may not be race support past 1:30 pm.