Fredericton Marathon Policies
CODE OF CONDUCT
At all times during all Fredericton Marathon events, participants will act with due consideration of the safety and rights of other participants, volunteers and organizers. Regardless of the circumstances or competitive disadvantage, no participant will commit any act that endangers any other participant. Participants shall not intentionally obstruct, impede or interfere with the forward progression of another participant.
Participants must stay on the official racecourse which is defined as the roadway/pathway between its edges and curbs or as defined by marks or cones. Participants who intentionally shorten the route of the race (“course-cutting”) will be disqualified. Any participant leaving the racecourse for any reason must re-enter the racecourse where he or she left it or be disqualified for course-cutting. Course-cutting may be determined by eye-witness reports, by surveillance equipment and video, or by the participant failing to register times at timing mats or appearing in race photography. Participants with missing or irregular mile split times at official timing checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified.
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of event officials or course marshals, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants, or spectators, may be disqualified from the event and from future participation of any Fredericton Marathon event at the discretion of race officials.
- No participant, after leaving the course, will be allowed to rejoin the race either for the purpose of gaining a place or to pace or to assist another participant.
- Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) will be disqualified from the event.
- A participant who has received any assistance whatsoever from any other person may be disqualified from the event. “Assistance” includes, without limitation, the conveying of advice, information or direct or indirect help to an athlete by any means, including technical communication devices. It also includes pacing by persons not officially participating in the event. It does not include participation of officially designated guides or contracted pacesetters in the race, provided such pacesetters start in the event.
- Any person participating in the event without a current official event bib number with official timing device not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from future Fredericton Marathon events.
Effective September 23, 2022, the Fredericton Marathon is implementing the following policies:
- Refund Policy* (NEW)
- NO Deferral Policy* (NEW)
- Transfer Policy
- NO Race Day Kit Pickup
- Children and Youth Road Racing
The Fredericton Marathon organizing committee encourages all participants to read our policies, which will come into effect for the 45th annual Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon Race Weekend May 12-14, 2023.
The Fredericton Marathon organizing committee is implementing a new refund policy.
- Due to the fact a number of our expenses are incurred well in advance of race weekend in order to have them for you on time, we are not able to offer a full registration refund for the entirety of the year.
- Before February 14, 2023, at 11:59 pm, we are able to offer a full refund of your registration fees including tax minus any Race Roster processing fees.
- Between February 15, 2023, and March 31, 2023, at 11:59pm, we are able to offer a 50% refund of your registration fees including tax minus any Race Roster processing fees.
- Starting April 1, 2023, we are unable to offer any refund.
- Email refund requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the registration process, you will have the option to purchase insurance that may offer you a refund on your registration fees in certain situations. It is offered through an independent third-party company and all refund questions should be directed to them if you purchased that option. Should you wish to start an insurance claim, refund claims should be requested at https://refundrequest.fanshield.net/
Please do not contact the Fredericton Marathon for insurance claims.
The Fredericton Marathon organizing committee is implementing a new NO Deferral policy.
Registration deferrals are not offered for May 2023 race weekend. In lieu of deferrals this year, we are able to offer refunds for 2023 registrations only. Details about the refund policy can be found above. Refunds will not be offered on deferrals from 2022, and 2022 promo codes will only be valid for the 2023 event.
Promo codes for 2022 deferrals will be sent via email from Race Roster in October 2022.
In lieu of our NO deferral policy, registered participants can now transfer their registration or apply for a potential refund. Registrations may be transferred to another event or to another runner. If a participant needs to transfer their registration, the individual may change the event(s) that they are currently registered for (e.g. from half marathon to 10K), or if they would like to transfer registration to another individual, this can be done through Race Roster. If a participant switches to a more expensive event, the runner will be required to pay the difference. No refund will be issued if the participant switches to a lower priced event(s).
Transfers can only be done until April 23, 2023, 11:59pm.
Any runner found swapping their bib number without having properly transferred their registration will not be allowed to run in this event and will be banned from all future races. Bib number swapping can cause medical problems on race day.
No Race Day Kit Pickup
All race kits must be picked up prior to your event at the available times posted on our website. NO race kits will be available on site on race days. If you cannot make it to the race kit pickup availability, you may authorize another participant to pick up your kit.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH ROAD RACING
The Fredericton Marathon applies Athletics Canada’s guidelines for the inclusion of children and youth in our road race distances.
Distance Recommendation 2014-01-15
“9. Photo Video Release
…In the event that you are registering a minor, you represent that you are the parent or legal guardian of the minor and permit, authorize, grant, and license to Race Parties the right to use the minor’s name, image, likeness, appearance, and voice in all Materials in perpetuity throughout the world in any medium whatsoever without further consent from or royalty, payment, or other compensation to you or the minor. Race Parties shall be exclusive owner of all rights in the Materials, including copyright. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar races or events in the future…”
You can access the entire disclaimer on the race registration form at Race Roster.