The 43rd annual Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon, which was held on Labour Day weekend, was a huge success. Not only did participants and volunteers enjoy this opportunity to get together at a live event, but the volunteer organizing committee is proud to share that:
- A total of $13,525 dollars was granted to 12 organizations from the race weekend event;
- Three race records were smashed by Stanley Chaisson, of Charlottetown, PEI (men’s marathon), Colleen Wilson, of Deep Cove, NS (women’s half marathon) and Alex Cyr, of Wellington, PEI (men’s 10k); and
- 36 per cent of marathoners got their BQ (Boston qualifier).
The final results of the 43rd annual Stewart McKelvey Marathon can be found online at:
- Liv9 5k
- Delta Marriott 10k
- Downtown Fredericton 2020 half marathon
- Egg Farmers of NB half marathon
- YFC Fredericton International Airport
The countdown clock has been reset so be sure to mark May 6-8, 2022 on your calendar for when the 44th annual Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon returns to Mother’s Day weekend. Details on the event and registration will be unveiled later this fall.
Thanks for your support of our 2021 event – we look forward to seeing you in the spring!
Marathon Men Winner:
Left to right: Bruce MacFarlane, Co-race Director (left) and Christine Little, Co-race Director (right) present male marathon winner, Stanley Chiasson of Charlottetown, PEI with a vertiball from Vertiball, the official recovery sponsor.
Women Marathon Winners:
Left to right: Bruce MacFarlane, Co-race Director (left) and Christine Little, Co-race Director (far right) present female marathon winner, Meghan Strum, of Halifax, NS and Kalli Van Vulpen, of Amherts, NS with a vertiball from Vertiball, the official recovery sponsor.
Sunday Half Marathoners:
Left to right: First-place half marathoner Kiernan McDonald, of Halifax, NS (left) and First-place female half marathoner Colleen Wilson, of Deep Cove, NS each receive a vertiball from Vertiball, the official recovery sponsor.